Radon is a naturally radioactive gas created when uranium in the earth decays. It is odorless, tasteless, and invisible but is present at some level in every building. You may have a problem in your home and not even know it. The only way to detect radon in your home is with a radon test. In Colorado, approximately 3 out of 4 homes have radon levels more than the EPA recommended action level of 4 picocuries (pCi) of radon per liter of air.
Why is Radon dangerous?
Radon is radioactive and a class A carcinogen. It decays quickly, giving off tiny radioactive particles which once inhaled can damage cells that line the lung. For this reason, it is the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States behind smoking. The EPA estimates that up to 21,000 deaths annually are caused by Radon. It can seep into your home and other buildings through cracks in floors, walls or foundations, water and sump pumps. When this happens, radon becomes a part of the air we breathe.
This video will give you more information on radon and the radon mitigation systems we install. This presentation is for educational purposes only.
Check out this video for more information.
Video recommended by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE).